Add Windows 10 Desktop to test network
Download Windows 10 Pro installation image and create the server in VirtualBox:
- Name: WIN10.samdom.example.com
- Type: Microsoft Windows
- Version: Windows 10 (64-bit)
- RAM: 3072 MB
- Virtual HD: 50.00 GB
- HD Type: VDI, dynamically allocated
Change the Network settings for Adapter 1 to the NAT Network.
Attach the installation image to the server’s Optical Drive and start the server.
- Hostname: WIN10.samdom.example.com
- Enter the desired user name and password for the admin account.
- Make your disk partition selections and write changes to disk.
- Finish the installation and reboot.
Login as the admin user. Join the samdom.example.com domain at:
- Settings | Accounts | Access work or school | Connect
- Select the option to join a local AD domain
- Join the SAMDOM domain and add user you created (ted) as an administrator.
- Restart and login as SAMDOM/ted.
- Go to Settings | Apps & Features | Manage optional features | Add a feature
- Add the RSAT features:
- Active Directory Domain Services and Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services Tools
- DNS Server Tools
- Group Policy Management Tools
- Turn on Public folder sharing in Settings | Network & Internet | Sharing options | All Networks